- Electric 0-60 mph in approximately 2.9 seconds
- Truck can operate on FCEV / battery-blend or BEV mode at any given time
- Badger can generate over 906 horsepower, 980 ft. lbs. of torque and an estimated 600-mile range
- Badger can drive 300 miles in BEV mode for those that do not have access to hydrogen
- Badger will make its first appearance at Nikola World 2020; expected in September
Nikola Corp announced the bloody amazing Nikola Badger electric pickup truck for North America to the world in February. Now of course, due to the damned coronavirus, it was an online reveal. From the little we know, we want this. Badly. Here in the Middle East.
Capable, determined, full of power
Off the bat, they estimate the range of this badass truck to be a little less than 1,000km. It was built for power, and to that, the engineers mustered in 906 peak HP and 455 continuous HP, while delivering 980ft.lbs of torque.
It isn’t just gorgeous to look at, it is designed to support the likes of construction companies and vows to outperform, outplay, and outlast (Survivor baby) the competition when it comes to towing, HP and range.
It will be a worker’s dream as it will be outfitted with a 15-kilowatt power outlet that will run their tools, lights and compressors. It will be enough to support a project for around 12 hours of power without a generator (less noisy!).
Reality TV star Heavy D, from the show ‘Diesel Brothers’, partnered with company to design, build and test the Nikola Badger through real life scenarios. Honestly, I never heard of him, but seems like he knows his shawarma and has big truck following… Yeeee haaaa!!!
The production model will feature familiar components, as they will be sharing the plant of a current OEM that will provide certified parts and assembly at their facilities.
The Nikola Badger will makes its first physical appearance at Nikola World 2020 in Phoenix, USA. I’m going to say it, for the love of everything, please invite us to attend!
Below is the Nikola Badger Estimated Specifications list:
- 600 miles on blended FCEV / BEV
- 300 miles on BEV alone
- Operates on blended FCEV / BEV or BEV only by touch of a button
- 906 HP peak
- 455 HP continuous
- 980 ft. lbs. of torque
- 160 kWh, flooded module – lithium-ion battery
- 120 kW fuel cell
- Advanced Supercapacitor Launch Assist that blends with lithium ion and fuel-cell
- -20F operating environments without major performance or SOC losses
- Towing capacity of over 8,000 pounds
- Operating targets without motor stalls up to 50% grade
- 15 kW power export outlet
- Compatible with industry standard charging for BEV mode
- Five seats
- Truck dimensions: 5900 mm long x 1850 mm tall x 2160 mm wide a 1560 mm bed width