In a glorious full of pure American truck story-telling, GMC today introduced the 2022 GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1. This is the first ever electric vehicle offering from GMC, and we are so happy that they chose to, because this super truck has jump to the top of our want list. It is full of everything we would dream of in an EV, not just truck, but any EV! It has speed, power, looks, technology and all-terrains capability. This will be the most guilt-free truck driving experience – all the stuff from a Hummer, with 0 emissions.
Just from the video we got to know that the truck launches from 0 to 100 in 3 seconds, it has super cruise which offers hands-free driving, it is uses ultium batteries, you can charge around 160km range in 10 minutes, and it has rear wheel steering for ultimate maneuverability, and more! Watch the video here if you missed it
The GMC HUMMER EV will get its energy from General Motors’ all-new Ultium batteries and power from Ultium Drive, GM’s proprietary EV drive units. An estimated 1,000 HP and 11,500 lb-ft of torque are courtesy of three separate motors with Ultium drive units.
Here’s what GM’s announcement revealed about the all-new features that make the truck a super truck:
Highlights of available features include:
- Segment-Exclusive 4 Wheel Steer featuring CrabWalk — a segment-exclusive feature that allows the rear wheels and front wheels to steer at the same angle at low speeds, enabling diagonal movement of the vehicle
- Adaptive Air Suspension with available segment-leading, Extract Mode capability enables the suspension height to be raised approximately six inches (149 mm) to help the HUMMER EV negotiate extreme off-road situations such as clearing boulders or fording water
- 35-inch-OD Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires offered standard; and the capability to accommodate 37-inch tires. They offer scaling 18-inch verticals and driving through water that is more than 2 feet deep
- Underbody armor, consisting of sturdy steel plates that are strategically located around the battery pack and more to help provide protection in extreme off-roading conditions
- UltraVision that includes new front and rear underbody cameras with live “virtual spotter” views to help drivers navigate obstacles and place wheels on and off the trail. The underbody cameras are packaged to help protect against damage and equipped with a wash function to help clear debris. HUMMER EV offers a best-in-class number of camera views, with up to 18 available from the vehicle to help increase awareness of surroundings
- Off-road widgets that display vehicle functions and terrain status through the infotainment and driver information screens. Examples include torque output, differential locker engagement, tire pressure, pitch and roll angles (including maximum values), a drift gauge (with maximum values), friction circle, torque vectoring and more
Power and range
Edition 1 highlights for power and battery pack include:
- Three-motor e4WD drive system that will offer the equivalent of GM-estimated 1,000 horsepower and GM-estimated 11,500 lb.-ft. of torque
- 800-volt DC public fast charging compatibility of up to 350 kW. Industry-first technology mechanically switches the batteries from parallel to series mode during charging, which makes HUMMER E3rV compatible with the fastest 350 kW DC fast chargers, enabling nearly 161 KM of range in 10 minutes of charging
- 24-module, double-stacked Ultium battery propulsion system that will offer excellent range and power to three motors
- GM-estimated 560+ KM of driving range on a full charge, based on preliminary testing.
- The latest version of Super Cruise, an available driver assistance feature offering hands-free driving on more than 200,000 miles (approximately 322,000 km) of enabled roads in and a new automatic lane changing feature, where the system can determine when a lane change is optimal and initiate the maneuver, while following signaling protocols
The HUMMER EV debuts exclusively in a fully equipped Edition 1 trim package.
- Watts to Freedom — a driver-selectable immersive experience that unleashes the full acceleration capability of the EV propulsion system, including GM-estimated 0-100-kmh performance in approximately 3 seconds
- Drive Mode Control offers driver-selectable modes that tailor performance — including torque splits between the front and rear wheels, and four-wheel steering settings — for different driving conditions. It includes Terrain Mode, which raises the HUMMER EV’s ride height by nearly two inches
- Adaptive Ride Control continuous damping that is tailored for both on- and off-road driving.
- Open-air driving enabled by the structural rigidity of the Ultium batteries, with standard Infinity Roof and removable transparent Sky Panels that can stow in the “frunk” storage compartment at the front of the vehicle
- Premium, technical interior materials
- Large, 13.4-inch-diagonal infotainment screen and 12.3-inch-diagonal driver information center display convey a wealth of vehicle performance and driver awareness information
- MultiPro Tailgate with six functional positions
- Power rear drop glass window and power tonneau cover
What we’ve seen and what you’ve read are all based on estimates, so the actual specs for the truck may be different when it rolls on to roads.