GMC promised, and they delivered. The all-new 2024 GMC HUMMER EV SUV was shown to the world as a commercial during the US NCAA’s Final Four. Watch the video below narrated by NBA legend LeBron ‘King’ James. The ad focuses on the SUV’s Extract Mode and CrabWalk.
Based on GM’s Ultium Platform, the new HUMMER EV SUV launches with the exclusive Edition 1, offering customer choice to equip the vehicle for optimal driving range or maximum off-road capability. Edition 1 comes standard with 22-inch premium wheels, assist steps and floor liners.
The available Extreme Off-Road package adds 18-inch wheels and 35-inch-OD MT tires, underbody armor and rock sliders, front eLocker and virtual rear lockers, heavy-duty ball-spline half shafts, UltraVision with underbody camera views and more.
The HUMMER EV SUV pays homage to the pre-historic H2, still giving off the rugged vibe and capability to take on any terrain its tires tread on. It is pretty much the same five-passenger interior as the pickup, and includes a large cargo area.
- Master of maneuverability, with a ~3.21 m wheelbase giving it expected best-in-class off-road proportions with impressive departure and breakover angles, and a tighter turning circle of only 10.8 meters with 4 Wheel Steer standard on 2X, 3X and Edition 1
- Immersive Interior, including customizable, multisensory user features and an open driving experience with the standard Infinity Roof with removable Sky Panels, I-Bar and rear drop glass
- GM’s Ultium Drive System offers up to 830 HP and up to 11,500 lb-ft of torque (GM estimated) — enough power for 0 to 100 km/h launch in around 3.5 seconds
- New tactical technology via the redesigned myGMC app4 including Energy Assist
- My Mode customization, auxiliary buttons and nearly 200 accessories available at launch
- Next-gen electric, with a 20-module Ultium battery system offering up to a GM estimated 480 km of range on Edition 1 (with standard equipment)
Additionally, all HUMMER EV SUV models feature the enhanced version of Super Cruise, an available driver-assistance technology offering hands-free driving on more than 322,000 km of enabled roads, and a new automatic lane changing feature, where the system can determine when a lane change is optimal and initiate the maneuver, while following signaling protocols.
Don’t expect it anytime soon, as production begins in early 2023, which means we might not see it here in the Middle East until 2024. But that’s ok, that will give you enough time to save up for it! It is estimated to start at $105,595 in the US, and if you equip it with the Extreme Off-Road Package, the price will go up to $110,595.